Building of an Innovation and research Center
18 000 sqm
CLIMATE CITY SA
The birth of the first protagonist dedicated to the climate change in an urban environment implied to design a building new generation, emblematic of what it is possible to do in terms of bioclimatic architecture, with an approach by bio-mimicry.
Our mission is based on a mathematical and generative open system made of algorithms ; our aim being to create an adaptable system that can be set in other geographic places, with an infinity of configurations for other future Climate Cities.
This is a flexible system creating a structure that will follow uses and experimentations, not to constraint uses to a predefined envelop.
Aimed at welcoming international experts in climate and aeronautics, this building is made up of laboratories, offices, a production plants as well as a few residences.
Thus, 5 objectives to guide our design :
1) Move towards “zero waste” to take advantage of circular economies profitable for nearby activities.
2) A smart building that integrates the more performative technologies in the field of smart energy management -smart grids- in order to react according to the building’s needs and resources, coordinated at a global scale.
3) A building integrated in its environment, at the scale of its territory.
4) An educational building, complex in its conception, practical in its use.
5) An organic and eco-responsible building, responsive to its environment that displays its internal activities.